While the I-Phone 4S verbally answers you, Nokia’s Lumia 800 goes further. One can practically send text messages by merely talking to the phone. Wow! That definitely raises the ante for smart phones.
This definitely is one major reason the Nokia Lumia 800 is worth waiting for.
I have been searching for related blogs and pictures of the Lumia and I was quite surprised to read the first blog I clicked. “Everything About Life” reported about the long lines of Nokia enthusiasts waiting to get their hands on the Lumia 800 during its Singapore launch.
Rhomel Marcojos, senior marketing services manager, and Jonix Peña of Nokia Philippines explained that this special hands free feature had no brand name compared to Siri of I-Phone 4S.
And the two proceeded to demonstrate this special feature. Peña sent a text message to the Lumia 800 of Marcojos. Surprisingly, the Lumia 800 verbally announced the message.
Marcojos replied by talking the phone. When prompted, he told his Lumia 800 “send” and his message appeared in Peña’s phone.
Marcojos showed us several other Wow features that’s not available in I-phones and Androids like the Lumia’s ability to recognize and identify top 40 hits.
I wished fellow journalists connected with the local media were still present when both heeded bloggers’ interest to preview the features of Nokia Lumia 800 units during the press conference. However, they already left right after the sumptuous lunch at Harold’s Hotel in Cebu City.
With me by then were bloggers led by Ruben Licera Jr. of the Cebu Bloggers Society (CBS) and Jun Tariman, a broadcast journalist with a radio program in dyAB of the ABS-CBN network who is also a tech blogger.
Below are some pictures taken by PRworks of the event:
- Microsoft set to sell $899 Nokia Lumia 800 bundle (techradar.com)
- White Nokia Lumia 800 now up for pre-order in the UK, yours for £429.95 (unwiredview.com)
- Nokia Lumia 800 Launching In The US February 14th (geeky-gadgets.com)
- White Nokia Lumia 900 appears on Facebook (recombu.com)
- News on White Nokia Lumia 900 (phonesreview.co.uk)
- Nokia to introduce Lumia 910 at Mobile World Congress (pocketables.net)
- To make Lumia 800 popular, free cupcakes given out in Belgium (mobigyaan.com)
- In One Week You’ll Be Able To Get Your Hands On Nokia’s Beautiful Lumia 800 Smartphone (NOK, MSFT) (businessinsider.com)
- White Lumia 800 teaser on Nokia’s Facebook page (ubergizmo.com)
- Updated: White Nokia Lumia 800 official, coming to the UK first (somobile.co.uk)
- Nokia confirms white Lumia 800 to launch in Europe by the end of February (thenextweb.com)